Working with a website design agency on your dental practice’s new website can be pretty draining – especially if you’re stretched for time or don’t know what information to include.
Having designed countless dental practice websites over the years, we always get asked the same question by our dental clients “what pages should I include on my dental website?”
To make the website design process that bit easier, we’ve compiled a list of the top pages you should have on your dental website and why they’re important and offer our top tips for adding the right information to get new patients booking your treatments.
Let’s get started!
Essential pages for your dental practice website design
Other than the most obvious dental practice website page – your homepage – here are the key pages you should have on your dental website and why.
1. “About us” page
You might think patients don’t care much about the history of your practice and what you’re all about, but research points to the contrary, with 52% of those surveyed in a KoMarketing study saying the first page they go to when they visit a website is the “About” page.
Selecting the right dentist is a very personal choice. That’s why potential patients want to learn more about the team behind your dental practice, what makes you unique, and your credibility.
Top tips for designing a compelling “About us” page
- Focus on things your patients will care about
- Highlight your qualifications, awards, and features
- Create company bios for you and your dental staff
- Describe what makes your practice different
- Show images/videos of your practice and staff
- Outline your mission, values, and unique approach
2. “Payment options” page
Considering dentistry is within the medical field and can incur high costs for your patients, it’s crucial they can easily find information about your approved payment methods and insurance policies.
If you don’t want to reveal your exact pricing on the site, offering a general pricing guide may be a good idea to eliminate unnecessary calls from poor-fit patients who can’t afford your treatments.
Top tips for designing an effective “Payment options” page
- Outline accepted insurance methods
- Provide links to relevant insurance information
- List what credit cards you accept
- Describe any payment plans you offer
- Use jargon-free, clear language
3. “New patient offers” page
By creating a page specifically for new patient discounts on your dental practice website, you can make signing up as a patient with you more appealing and use it as a landing page for ad campaigns.
Make sure to include a section or “Call-to-action” for this special offer on your homepage so that new patients are instantly aware of it when they visit your website and can click on the page to learn more about it.
Top tips for designing a compelling “New patient offers” page
- Tell new patients what to expect
- Give them steps to signing up
- Highlight some of your key differentiators
- Outline the benefits of the new patient offer
- Only use an offer that’s profitable long-term
- Test out different offers or time-sensitive deals
4. “Practice location” page
You’d be surprised how many dental practice websites don’t have adequate information about their practice location, opening hours, or parking information.
Make it as easy as possible for your patients to find this information, so they can assess whether your practice suits their needs with a “Practice location” page.
Top tips for designing a compelling “Practice location” page
- Add a Google Map to the page
- Highlight opening hours & exemptions (holidays, etc.)
- Make contact information prominent
- Add an instant call button for mobile users
- Describe directions from major areas
- Provide information on parking options
5. “Book an appointment” page
The most successful dental practices streamline the patient journey from finding you online to booking an appointment.
One of the best ways to do so is to install a booking system that allows your current and new patients to book an appointment online.
Not only does this offer a higher level of convenience for the patient, but it also reduces pressure on your reception team to take calls and schedule appointments by phone.
Top tips for designing a compelling “Book an appointment” page
- Keep your booking form short and sweet
- Describe what happens after patients book online
- Use a calendar system to show availability
- Add a number for emergency treatments
6. “Patient testimonials” page
According to Search Engine Watch, 72% of consumers will take action only after reading a positive review and research from Vendata tells us that 73% of consumers read up to 6 reviews before making a purchase decision.
So to say that having a testimonials page on your dental practice website is important would be a pretty big understatement. Patient reviews add a level of credibility and trust that your website text alone can’t communicate.
Top tips for designing an effective “Patient testimonials” page
- Ask patients for video reviews if you don’t have any
- Complement text reviews with images and videos
- Offer patients an incentive to give you reviews (like a prize or discount)
- Include a visual highlighting your star rating on Google, Facebook, or Yelp
7. “Dental treatments” pages
Creating a unique page for every dental treatment you offer will give patients the specific information they’re looking for and do wonders for your search engine optimisation efforts.
The more treatment pages you include, the more opportunities you have to target specific keywords prospective patients are typing into Google, like “teeth whitening services” and “cosmetic dentistry.”
Top tips for designing compelling “Dental treatment” pages
- Describe the problems each treatment helps with
- Validate how the patient might be feeling
- Highlight the benefits of each treatment
- Talk about what makes your dental practice unique
- Outline the process for each treatment
- Add an FAQs section for each treatment
Ready to start designing your new dental practice website?
After reading this article, we hope you’re feeling clearer and calmer about the website design process and what you need to focus on when choosing website pages.
If you’re looking for a web design partner that focuses solely on dental practice websites and can walk you through the process step-by-step, why not talk to our experts here at PatientBoost?
At PatientBoost, we offer web design, digital marketing, and business growth consultancy services for dental practices ready to streamline and automate their processes, attract new patients, engage their employees, and upsurge profits.
With a long-term, strategic, and data-based business plan, we can help you reach your growth goals at a pace that works for you. Interested? Book a free 15-minute Clarity Call™ today!